Feeling actually very low this evening. Not entirely sure why.
I guess this morning wasn't pleasant but nothing I'm not used to. Had my social worker come over to help me fill out these forms to do with all the welfare changes. They're changing me over from Incapacity benefit and income support to Employment support allowance. Which basically means the government are trying to save money by getting ill people to attempt to work, as they've changed the 'rules' as to who qualifies as 'fit to work' (or not). So had to fill in a form about things like can I put my arms above my head, and can I walk up 2 steps with a rail... with these kind of stupid questions even my brother might be declared fit to work - which is utterly ridiculous. Just stupidly worded questions... Physically am I capable of doing a weeks shopping at the supermarket? well just about, most weeks, except when the neuropathic pain and/or Crohn's is really bad. Mentally capable though? Not a chance!! Even with someone with me I can't do it (well) at the moment. Bought a lettuce, some baby corn, half a cucumber and some vegetarian 8Kcal pots of Jelly last week. (which, by the way are now on my list of worst tasting things that people think are consumable). It Also brought up a lot of stuff about my 'diagnosis' ... yeah. Lonnng story... I'll write about that another time.
My innards beneath my right rib cage are feeling squished everyday now, it's really uncomfortable! I know I'm moaning (again) but I need a good moan today. I just can't get comfortable, sitting, standing, lying all are equally uncomfortable, even trying to stretch out doesn't work. And that's not even the painful bit, that's just the annoying bit!
Spent the day piercing, filing and brushing a design for a pendant I did the other day:
It's still work in progress, might solder on some antennae, and def got to work on the brushed finish more, create a matching brushed jump ring of some sort - but that's the basic design shape, got smaller ones lined up to be earrings.
Working out the price is a nightmare, that used about 20g sterling silver, which cost around £17 alone, that's without costing in time (8 hours so far for design and piercing.. say min wage... that's £40), tools(a lot!!), a chain, (£15) ... and it's nowhere near finished yet, I have to be looking at selling it at £75 ish, but all the local shops take 50% of sale price, I can't sell THAT for £150!! (that's $230 for US friends)... But anyway, it kept my mind busy for most of the day. I'll figure out how to sell it another time! Got a whole cabinet full of beaded silver stuff that I need to shift. Was going to do some stalls at Christmas but I was in hospital. :/
-sigh- Recently, it's just been like everyday I'm so exhausted by the end of it I don't want to have to wake up just to do it all over again. It's not necessarily doing anything particular that is stressful. It's stressful just being awake, and very scary being out. Becoming a bit of a hermit. So trying to get out more so it doesn't get into too much of a habit. I need a life! But don't seem to be capable of obtaining one. At the moment, even dreaming about one is not really happening.
So ... I'm going to shut up and go to bed I think! Managed to get to sleep before 1am last night!! Hopefully I'll get to sleep even earlier tonight. :) Night X

re selling stuff hun open a store on www.etsy.com
ReplyDeleteLea x