28 April 2012

Clothes shopping and me

So this blog may seem quite random, but clothes are posing a REALLY big problem to me at the moment! I would be very grateful if anybody reading has any ideas of things/styles that might be good for me, cos I'm all out of ideas!


 I'm going to separate it into different sections, clothes shopping is a nightmare because:


1. I have Aspergers - I am extremely sensitive to: the feel of certain fabrics, (unfortunately I tend to find more expensive fabrics like silk and just good quality things less repulsive to my sense of touch!) the restrictive nature of certain clothes, (why you rarely see me in a coat - and when you do I'm never a happy bunny!!) I would love to find 'day' clothes that feel as comfy as pyjamas!! also I can't have things anywhere near my neck, I can only tolerate v-necks or very wide scoops or else I feel sick. (This is a BIG problem with fashion trends at the moment)
2. I have scoliosis - I can't wear clingy things or things that draw in at the waist, or baggy things that need a waist belt etc, I have too much waist on my left side, and no waist on the other, and on the left side my hip looks disproportionately large.
3. Due to my socially unattractive personality and not fitting in socially, I try to fix that by trying to look nice to make me fit in. The trouble is I don't know who I'm trying to 'fit in' with! Hence I tend to buy random pieces of clothing I just like, and they don't go together at all in a prescribed 'style'. (this trying to fit in has also lead to my eating problems, which to be honest is a whole different blog post just on the impact it has on clothes shopping, and I don't want to talk about it right now!)
4. Clothes have to cover all of my arms and legs, cropped anything is a big no-no!!


Put these things together and you have a recipe for disaster! I'm currently living in the few pieces of clothing I have left from when I was 16-17 and feeling rather young and out-dated in them! On the rare occasion that I meet people they never believe I am 21. They think anything between 15 and 18. Which I find quite insulting! I have yet to meet a person that hasn't asked me something along the lines of "so what are you doing in school or college?" >.<


Anyways if anyone has idea please comment - maybe I should enter the lottery and hope I win and then have clothes made for me :P
Then I feel guilty, cos I know I shouldn't care what I look like... or about what I wear... but I do. :s


On a totally different topic - I'm so worried about my brother. His care home is crap. I sort of feel like a second mother to him - I just want to scoop him up and take him home and look after him properly. But I know I couldn't blah blah blah. I wonder if we could have adjoining flats and he have 24 hr carers...
-sigh-


I can but dream...


Night night everyone, sweet dreams x







No comments:

Post a Comment