Things like assuming I don't want to see people, or talk to people or go places... that I'm antisocial and don't like being around people at all... that I'm somehow different than I was...
Think it may be a common misunderstanding (and although I can't speak for everyone with AS), this is what I feel about the subject of assuming social stuff: Never assume anything - I find socializing more difficult than most yes, but I still need friends and other living things in my life besides my cat, my mum [love you though :)] and the spider currently residing in the corner of my living room above the piano!
Some days I may be feeling more confident and my anxiety will be slightly less, I will b more at ease and social stuff comes a bit easier; some days I will in excruciating pain from my back or exhausted from no sleep and then yes, my socializing skills won't be 'made up'. It's like wearing make-up to hide my lack of natural social skills, it takes effort to put on; but I can still enjoy it, especially if I feel I've managed to understand and/or be understood by someone; a connection.
Speaking of tiredness I only have been getting 2-3 hours sleep a night so I'm going to make this short! The only other thing I'll add today on this topic is that please, never assume I wouldn't want to do anything because of any illness I might have - I'd much rather have the option of joining in, (especially if I can prepare!) otherwise it just builds low self esteem by feeling invisible and rejected, which makes socializing even harder.
I know it's been a while since I've written, nothing new I wanted to share until now really; I'm in a potentially long process of referral to a scoliosis specialist about my back... for some reason it never got followed up as an adult, and it was last x-rayed when I was 15, it was 35 degrees then and I was 'skeletally mature' although I have grown another 2-3 inches in height since then and my curve has visually got quite a lot worse. I've been irritated by a crushing sensation in under my right ribs for the past few months - it's likely it's my scoliosis that is causing it, even if the sensation is purely muscular (although I have noticed when standing straight, my left ribcage does stick out quite a bit at the front, and you can't really see the right one :s)
On a positive note, I had a hedgehog in my garden tonight!!! :D my first hedgehog!! <3 It's soooo cute, I have to get some cat food (my cat doesn't eat cat food lol she's too posh! :P) to put out for it :) annnnd my vistaprint order has arrived!!! I have notebooks, a couple of cotton bags, some sticky notes, note pads and some pens printed with some of my trial designs :)
Anyway - I WILL get some sleep tonight... I hope... please!! :s
Night all
X
No comments:
Post a Comment