Well the last couple of days have been pretty rubbish. Thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday, it did cheer me up :)
But yeh, I'm not the healthiest young woman in the world anyway, but the last few months there's been an added extra nastiness. The last couple of days my legs really haven't wanted to work at all. It might be m.e./cfs again (was diagnosed with it aged 7-8) but they've referred me to a neurologist to see what they say about what's been going on.
The past 2 days have been very tough, frustrating, but also God has answered some prayers. Firstly, the neurologist referral, and also yesterday I planned to go shopping for my birthday, but I wasn't able to; today we were going to borrow a wheelchair from the red cross, so I could go out somewhere today, but forgot their office shuts at 3pm. We left Chalford at 2.40, and I prayed that God might let us get the chair today, somehow. It's a 25+ minute journey, and we got stuck behind a learner, a lorry, every traffic light was on red, lots of traffic at roundabouts - I just said please, and trusted he would answer. Mum wanted to turn back, but I said no, could she keep going... We got there at 10 past 3, and the Lady in the office was still there, went through some paperwork and gave us the chair. Great answer to prayer :) I was able to pop into Gloucester and get some make-up, shampoo and a dvd :)
These very very bad patches only tend to last a few days, but my 'good' days are getting worse and worse. Hopefully I'll get answers soonish, I hate not knowing why I'm feeling awful, cos I don't know what will or won't help! anyways.
Bit freaked out tonight. I hate living alone :( especially when so much effort is needed just to move. :/ Got my kitty though and a good book - yes ME! READING!!! (and it's not a textbook!)
Reading 'Mere Christianity' a collection of speeches C.S. Lewis gave on the radio during the war.
I like this quote for me today: "God knows what a wretched machine you are trying to drive, ... he just asks you keep doing the best you can"
No comments:
Post a Comment