19 May 2012

Thoughts and - don't drink Pepsi Max Emma!

So I haven't written as much recently, been doing some thinking; well a lot of thinking really. 
As far as things've been for the past 5+ years, things've been pretty good recently. Still struggling sometimes with the mental health stuff - just the eating really. The other stuff has been under control since Feb. Taste is a strange thing though isn't it? They say smell can evoke very vivid memories, feelings etc. For me - Pepsi Max. Sounds a bit strange, but all through the worst of my illness I've drunk Pepsi Max, switched to Coke Zero recently cos I like it better... but tesco's didn't have any today, so I had some Pepsi Max... it was kind of a déjà vu type feeling - very strange feeling... I just took a sip and it came over me. Weird. Very weird. Note to self: Don't drink Pepsi Max!!
Anyway. The physical health stuff is somewhat better. Completely shattered after walking round the garden centre with Andrew n Mum earlier, but it's a big improvement on the wheelchair! My back's still being nasty but that's not really going to change I don't think. It's just twisted, and unless I go through fairly major surgery, the options really are painkillers/physio/restricting activity. And the surgery may or may not help. (apparently - although when it feels like my ribs are crushing my intestines/liver everyday cos they're twisted backwards on themselves... I am reluctant to completely agree!). Hopefully something can help. I don't care what it is, I just want to be able to walk around and... well...
There've been a lot of coincidences recently that've got me thinking. Those who knew me when I was at school may know I wanted to study medicine - I had no doubt that I would!! (If only I knew what was coming!) I'd completely ruled this out after the past few years, but now... just knowing the right diagnosis for stuff has helped no end. Hopefully people will stop trying to fix things that aren't broken. And I can work on fixing what is.
I'm going to see how this next year or so goes, how my physical health is etc, and review things. It's still what I'd like to do. I love learning, I'm hardworking and I want to use my life to help others. Sorry if 'help' is politically incorrect now, I don't know! I think you know what I mean. I'm not saying I'm definitely going to go and do this (and if I do, I know it'll take longer than I'd like ;) ). But I'd like to give it my best shot and I haven't been able to do that yet. Not ruling anything out. If it doesn't work out, maybe I will train as a proper silversmith! My experiments with silver that keep not working are far too expensive!!
So. I'm going to move. To Cheltenham; I like it, that's where my church is, and there are actual places within a 5 mile radius of a flat ;) Busses are good (for Gloucestershire anyway! :P) and there are a couple of places I could volunteer at/with to get me back into a kind of ... something lol. 
Wow that was a lot of waffly crap that took far too long to write!! I'm hoping to actually get to sleep before 4am tonight, so I'm going to have a nice girly bubble bath and go to bed I think.
Night all
X


p.s. I still haven't quite got my head round the whole AS thing yet... it's challenged my preconceptions of what someone with AS is like (which I thought  (having an Autistic brother)  were fairly accurate). But knowing that others will have those - and possibly more, (e.g. 'trainspotter') -  type stereotypes when they think of Aspergers... is a difficult one. Do I say? Do I not? With education and employers I kinda have to say... but then.. all those misconceptions, prejudice and outdated stereotypes come into play.
pps. I'm hoping all the physical stuff could just be malnutrition... cos, quite frankly the other options are worse! Neurology appt not til July though and who knows when Frenchay will be able to see me about the Scoliosis... more waiting... I'm far too impatient for my own good!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment