19 March 2012

Week + Caffeinated Creativity

So I've had a rough few days/week. My eyes have been being VERY stupid. I have rapidly become stupidly sensitive to light. On meds for a Crohn's/UC Flare as well, and generally feeling physically awful. I am constantly worn out to the point of shaking, and just not wanting to move. Physically after a small amount of walking/tidying/anything much, I just want to curl up in a dark room and not move a muscle. I've got a low-grade temperature, my bones hurt... (sounds stupid I know, but they do!) and I'm as clumsy as can be.. covered in bruises from walking/staggering into things. Even eating fruit salad today was a task... had to aim carefully n stab each bit, too shaky otherwise!)
Anyway, eyes - ended up having urgent ophthalmologist appt last week, because of them. I can't focus properly on close things, and bright things glow. Sounds stupid, but  it's like (even through sunglasses) bright shapes are like someone's applied a very strong uneven 'outer glow' in photoshop and I can't make out the edges properly. Hence I have been wearing sunglasses all the time even indoors, They feel a little better today, as I have managed to type this (all be it on min. brightness with sunglasses on!) 
But yes. I have been very grumpy and distressed, because I had sooo many ideas and things I wanted to do in illustrator..... graphic design type things, but I couldn't even see well enough to do hand-drawn sketches of them. Let ALONE use the computer. EVERYTHING I like doing involves a high level of detailed eyesight. 
However, today, (sitting in Starbucks wearing sunglasses!) I had a sudden rush of creative thoughts, and managed to very roughly document them in large handwriting/sketches at Mum's. However it did make me feel quite ill afterwards! (other than pain, looking at things causes nausea). I am keeping the details under wraps for now, but it's along the lines of society/conforming/individualism/stereotypes/what's on the inside. Hoping to have enough for my own exhibition one day :) :s. 
I'm not sure if caffeine (I had my favourite - mocha frappucino) (which I still can't spell!)... my creative processes often happen very fast, but this was not going at the speed of sound, but the speed of light! 
Anyway. Need to fully regain my eyesight first. I'm wondering if the severe infection I had triggered M.E off again... :/ I bloody hope not. I was diagnosed with it aged about 7... and gradually recovered over the next few years. 
But all the structures in my eyes were 'normal', so the ophthalmologist just said it's not his problem. Which is true, but not exactly helpful when you can't SEE!!! So GP is waiting for his report before he decides what to do. Guess optic nerve/brain stuff, or M.E. / insanely out of control AS are the only other things... 
Anyway, this has taken farrrrr too long to write, and my eyes hurt like *£)&%^ now, and things are even more blurry/glow-y.
Sorry for the lack of formatting. 
Night all


No comments:

Post a Comment