5 March 2012

Aspergers (again), my day, and hope

“The fact that girls with undiagnosed autism are painstakingly copying some behaviour is not picked up and therefore any social and communication problems they may be having are also overlooked. This sort of mimicking and repressing their autistic behaviour is exhausting, perhaps resulting in the high statistics of women with mental health problems.” (Dale Yaull-Smith, 2008).
- That is me - in a 'nutshell'. 

For those people who are interested in learning more about women with Aspergers, the National Autistic Society website has a brief page on it, http://www.autism.org.uk/about-autism/autism-and-asperger-syndrome-an-introduction/gender-and-autism/women-and-girls-on-the-autism-spectrum.aspx or I would thoroughly recommend the book Aspergirls by Rudy Simone for anyone wanting to gain a real insight (I would recommend it especially to friends and family who care about me - it's like (with a pinch of salt) reading a 'manual for Emma' - It would help me a great deal too!). 
On another note, today has been good - a lot of anxiety, but things turned out ok about that, then I had a reallllly bad right-sided head/face/neck/eye/ear 'ache' (not sure what to label it as... more like throbbing intense pain... not sure ache really describes it!. Feeling a bit better for a lie down, hot wheat lumps, and some pain medication, but still sore. Hope it doesn't go on as long as last time... it took a good week or so to go away, and it confined me to bed for most of that week.
Anyway... the good bit... church! :) I got prayed for and I feel so.. hopeful, and finding my faith reignited the way it used to be; looking back at my old journals and stuff I found this:

'He gives strength to those who are tired
 and more power to those who are weak.
Even children become tired and need to rest,
 and young people trip and fall.
But the people who trust the LORD will become strong again.
They will rise up as an eagle in the sky;
they will run and not need rest;
they will walk and not become tired.'
- Isaiah 40:29-31

I WILL become strong again... it doesn't say might, it doesn't say becoming strong won't take work, but with trust in the Lord, it IS possible. So that is my hope. Off to sleep now, with my cat at my feet and a freer, happier spirit.

Night all
X

No comments:

Post a Comment