So, today I put down the holding fee for a flat in Cheltenham! It's easily walkable distance from town, but in a quieter residential area, just down the road from both my church and a big park in Cheltenham - so green countryside won't be too far away for country-bumpkin me ;) I can take my cat too! The only downside is it's very small. I'm going to have to sell quite a lot of furniture and maybe buy a couple smaller bits which make better use of floor space.
I'm feeling good tonight. Kind of reflective so sorry if this waffles on about random/deep/cliche nonsense.
There are so many cheesy phrases I could use right now, 'start of the rest of my life' is the first one that comes to mind. I'm feeling excited about the move, but also calm. I was quite nervous last night, but today I ok. It's going to be a massive change, it's almost like moving out of home (even though I technically live on my own now). I'm looking at probably going to college to take some A levels as they would take the same amount of time to complete as a year of voluntary work and a year of access course, but they're so much more widely accepted. If I can discipline myself to work through the boring crap-ness of these 2 years, many other doors open to me. I'm hoping now knowing what the long term bit is (Aspergers) and with the other stuff being better, that college will be better at supporting me and being more flexible with me. To be honest if I say I need x y and z because of a disability it would be against the law not to make 'reasonable adjustments' to accommodate me.
So... in my last post I said about the appointment for assessment for surgery being turned down. That was a massive knock. I felt pretty rubbish after that but got through it.
I never realized how much I had distanced from God until recently. I'm so grateful for him and my church, where I've really been able to grow in my faith again. It's definitely what's keeping me on level ground at the moment. He's who I turn to for everything, I know I can trust him with everything and I can't wait to see what he has in store for the future. I know he will give me what I need, although sometimes his ideas are rather different to mine!
So yeh, I'm feeling good about moving on, scared obviously. But I've waited so so so so so so so so so long for this, I just can't wait to move on from this chapter of my life, despite the many challenges I know I'm going to face, I just feel like everything's beginning to slot into place.
Going to shut up now, I need to eat something before the painkillers wear off! (Eustachian tubes playing up - causing a stupid amount of pain.. been awake since 4am with it)
Night all,
X
No comments:
Post a Comment